Monday, December 1, 2014

Weeded Words Welcome You

Hi everybody,

Weeded Words is a design studio and family business run by Paul Philippov and me, Eugenia Vlasova.

Words are my primary material. I have been working with words all my life - as a journalist, linguist, writer and translator. I earned an MA in linguistics and Russian language in 2001 and have never regretted the years I spent studying the most beautiful, complex and elegant human invention - language.

I have immigrated to Canada from Russia in 2010, and shortly thereafter I have launched a new online tutoring business, to which I dedicated my blog ProperRussian (in English, see the shop blog link). My new business allowed me to meet people from all over the world, from Japan to Chile, and learn about different cultures. I’ve met many people who shared my passion for languages and I decided to create something good for them.

As a language geek, I know how good it feels talking to someone who is as enthusiastic about languages as you are. Stickers, decals and other souvenirs may help us to find each other in the crowd. As a teacher, I know that visual aid is a powerful learning tool. This is how the idea of the Weeded Words was born.

Please explore our shop and feel free to contact me if you have any specific requests. I hope, you’ll find something helpful for you here, something that resonates with your thoughts and sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment